The Right Doctor

I was diagnosed with Hep-C about 4 years ago. The doctor did a HCV RNA test and told me I was OK since the virus load was inside the normal parameters. I repeated the HCV RNA test and I was still the same. I recently tested HIV positive. Now I am all confused and concern about the coinfection and what to do and not to do. Also, I would like to know where and how I can find and choose the right doctor for me. A doctor specialized in HIV and HCV.

If your hepatitis C RNA is not detected then you have been exposed to the virus and now have cleared.

However, it is VERY important not to expose yourself to this virus again since in the setting of HIV, you may not clear it again. The most common risk is injection drug use. You will also need to use condoms always to prevent transmission of HIV to others. This will protect you as well from getting HCV via sexual transmission, although this is uncommon.

If you are in the United States, there is an association called the HIV Medicine Association. If you look at their web site, you can contact them for a referral in your area.

www.idsociety.org/HIVMA

hep c-severe polymotor nueropathy-w/demylinatinf features
Hep B Risk, Condom Slip. Please answer me ....