Re:CAN STOPARV

I live in Nepal, one of the poorest country in the world no way to do biopsy i have stopped my ARV with concerning as of my doctors now thinking of to go for herbal medicines which are very famous in UK, What would you like to suggest me such as go for ARV with same regimen (EFV) or HCV treatment with ribavirin if herbal then which one? My recent CD4 count is 108 so what should i do DIE AS LIKE OTHER OR go for the HCV treatment with herbal which hardly i can manage (no way for pegylated interferon unaffordable) so please advice me which herbal would be good for my immune system as well to get down my LFT normal. I have been feeling much better then the using period of ARV shall I stop ARV for a year if not at least for six months? If I can't stop then please suggest me why I can't stop it?

I would encourage you to address your HIV questions to the HIV forum. As for your Hepatitis C questions, I would tell you that there is no proven herbal remedy for hepatitis C infection. I would not encourage you to spend any money on unproven treatments.

I think the more important issue is finding out options for your ARV. Not everyone with hepatitis C gets liver disease. But your CD4 counts suggest that you definitely need treatment for HIV. I would at least discuss keeping your PCP prophylaxis going with your physician (eg Bactrim if you are not allergic to sulfa). This is an extremely important drug in preventing this infection.

Dr. M

hcv rebound please answer
Oral sex 5 years back.