|HCV false positive
Jan 22, 2006
My friend has received a positive result from his Hepatitis C test. Can a false positive occur if the person also has herpes? Casn a false positive occur if a person is on any drugs at the time of the test, specifically vicodin, soma, cocaine or marijuana? Thanks. STG
Response from Dr. McGovern
A false positive test for hepatitis C can certainly occur. There is no data on HSV or marijuana causing HCV false positive results.
The main issue is that you only know that an antibody test is "false positive" through furhter testing with a RIBA test which is extremely accurate. If the RIBA is negative, the initial test was "false positive".
please ans no response from 4 times..rgd HBV
HBV DNA Question.
- Ear Infection After Sex With Stripper Worried I Have HIV
- Night Sweats After Oral Sex Hooker Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Painful Ejaculation After Condom Broke Anal Worried I Have HIV
- Stinging Pain After Receptive Anal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Can A Person Get Hepatitis From Oral Sex?
- Can Chlorine Cause A Vaginal Discharge?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.