|any cure for chronic carrier?
Jan 21, 2006
I'm 30 and have carried surface antigen for years. My hbeAB has been positive for years as well. 2 years ago, my first and only DNA test showed negative. I was told that I am just a carrier. I have not done any test since. For years I have felt slight discomfort on the right side. Otherwise, I have no symptom. Is there any treatment for me? If I don't drink alcohol and maintain good diet and exercise, do I still face a good risk of cirrhosis in the future?
| Response from Dr. McGovern
I would get tested once yearly to be certain that you remain just a carrier. There is no need for treatment.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- White Bumps Could I Have Acute HIV Infection
- Anal Warts After Oral Sex Hooker What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Hpv After Swallowing Sperm Worried I Have HIV
- Itchy Balls After Oral Sex Hooker Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Tingling In Fingers After Giving Handjob Worried I Have HIV
- Tingling Lips After Kissing Cut On Lip Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.