high bilirubinHAV-IgG Ab to hepatitis virus,serum and Positive HBsAb-Total Ab to HepB SurfaceAg,serum

Dear Dr.McGovern,

While getting my routine blood reports,my Bilirubin was recorded as 2.1.The S.A.Phosphatase,SGOP/SGPT WERE NORMAL.The hepatitis profile was done which showed HAV-IgG Ab to Hep.virus A ,serum and HBsAb-total ab to HepB surface Ag,serum to be high.I have been immunized against both A and B .But it was long ago.Sonography of abdomen was normal.Australia Antigen=Normal again.What do I makeof these?Why the Bilirubin should be high ?Thanks,

Your bilirubin is only modestly elevated. This is a common finding among people. The next step is to check your indirect bilirubin. If the indirect is higher than the direct bilirubin then you probably have Gilbert's syndrome which just has to do with how your enzymes handle bilirubin.

This is not at all clinically important and nothing to worry about.

Dr. M

hbcab
cause of hep. c