Jan 21, 2006
First of all I would like to apologize because my english is not very good. Some time ago I had sex with a man who recently has been diagnosed hepb. I have been tested and all my results have been negatives (antigen and antibodies). But my concern is the following: I am being treating with inmunosupresors (azatioprine) in low levels. However, sometimes I have to take corticoids too (prednisone, 50mg per day). Is it possible to have had a hepb, but not to have developed antibodies Hbcab Igg because in the moment of his development I was taking the prednisone?. Give me your opinion please.
Response from Dr. McGovern
No you can rely on the test results.
However, you certainly want to avoid risks of many sexually transmitted diseases by using condoms always. I would also get vaccinated for hepatitis B.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Anal Warts After Swallowing Sperm Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Ear Infection After Sex With Stripper Worried I Have HIV
- Oral Ulcers After Open Mouth Kissing Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Stinging Pain After Receptive Anal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Swollen Lymph Glands After Oral Sex On A Woman What Are The Chances Of HIV
- White Bumps On Penis After Getting Fingered Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.