|HBV questions - Please help
Jan 21, 2006
Dear Dr. McGovern,
I had undetectable HBV DNA, HBeAG negative, HBeAB positive 2 years ago. I've been having liver function panel & AFP tests every 6 months and they've been normal. My question is what test that indicates the reactivation of HBV? And do I need to have yearly HBV DNA test. Please help. Thank you.
| Response from Dr. McGovern
I do not recommend testing of your HBV DNA unless your liver function tests become abnormal which may indicate a change in your clinical status.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Is Sore On Mouth A Symptom Of Ars?
- Blowjob From A Prostitute Negative At 16 Weeks
- Anal Warts After Deep Kissing Worried I Have HIV
- Enlarged Lymph Nodes After Kissing Cold Sore Worried I Have HIV
- Night Sweats After Sex With Sex Worker Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Purple Spots After Genital Rubbing Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.