HCV - Monogomous Couples

I have been in a mutually monogamous relationship for the past two years with a man who has chronic HCV. Does the possibility of transmitting the virus increase if your partner is not monogamous? If so, why?

No the chance would not increase.

I would consider your risk to be about 1 to 3 percent. I think the risk can increase with sex and trauma (eg, it is probably higher with anal intercourse but the data on this are scarce).

However, you may want to use condoms always. Particularly if there is a question about how monogamous the relationship is, since other infections may need to be considered as well (HIV, etc.).

Dr. M

hapB in my boddy
Do antibiotics interfere with HIV test results?