Jan 21, 2006
I was recently diagnosed w/ HIV, I was infected by someone w/ fullblown AIDS(I know this for a fact).Does that make a difference in my progression to AIDS?
Response from Dr. McGovern
You should redirect your question to the HIV forum. However, I will quickly answer that this does not mean that you yourself will get "full-blown" AIDS. You need to get genotyping of your virus to determine drug resistance and other care.
i got my diagnosis
hapB in my boddy
- How Long After Your Affected With Hiv Do You Get Yeast Infections?
- How Long Does It Take To Cure Thrush In The Mouth?
- Under What Conditions Is There Potentially A Risk Of Hiv Transmission By Urine
- Can A Physician Practice Medicine If They Are Hiv Positive?
- Does Hiv Show Abnormal Complete Blood Counts?
- Hepatitis C Transmission In Lesbian Sexual Contact
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.