Jan 21, 2006
I wanted to know if you could tell me what the liklihood of being infected with HCV from a nick from electric hair clippers at a barber shop. I understand that it is not statistically impossible, but I was wondering the liklihood of infection. All I know about the setting was that the clippers had been sitting there unused for about 60 hours because the stylist had been off prior to the mishap. The cut was very superficial but did draw a small amount of blood. Thanks for your time.
| Response from Dr. McGovern
As you yourself said, it is not "impossible" but it is extremely unlikely you are at risk for HCV from this "exposure" that you describe. I would not recommend testing.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Itchy Rash After Touching Vaginal Sore Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Itchy Scrotum After Licking Penis Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Itchy Vagina After Giving A Bj Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Painful Ejaculation After Masturbation Worried I Have HIV
- Penis Discharge After Eating Sperm Worried I Have HIV
- Penis Discharge After Unprotected Anal Sex Without Ejaculation Does It Mean I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.