HCV -hair clippers

I was recently nicked by a set of hair clippers at a barber shop. I know that the risk of HCV transmission is statistically possible but I was wondering how likely this actually was. The only thing known about this was that the stylist had been off the previous couple days so the clippers had been sitting there unused for about 60 hours prior to the nick. The nick was very superficial but did draw a small amount of blood and form a tiny scab. Thank you for your time.

Response from Dr. Dieterich

Anything is possible, but that is an exceedingly low risk. The barber would have had to nick someone else with HCV and have dried blood on the clippers. That does not sound like a high liklihood either. The straight razors that barbers use present much more of a risk, but now they seem to be using disposable razor blades which is very reassuring. If you do get ill in about 2 months see your MD, but it will not likely be from HCV. DTD

Is it ok for inactive carrier to take Entecavir?
Specialist in Europe