HCV Rebound- Please answer second request

A little over 6 mos ago, I completed perasys/co-pegasys treatment for Hep C (type 1a). Each time my HCV viral load was tested during my 48 week treatment, my viral load was not detectable. (When I began treatment, my viral load was 1.8 million). My liver enzymes were elevated before treatment and are within the normal range now (but I don't know what they are). When I got my six mos post treatment tests completed, my viral load had rebounded to 300,000. My doctor left me a message that we'd follow up in 3 mos. I am HIV co-infected (HIV viral load undetectable; t count 750 before treatment; 477 now). What are my treatment options now? I was treated by my HIV doctor and it seems like I was close to beating the HCV and want to do everything that I can to beat it if treated a second time. Thanks for your advice.

Response from Dr. Dieterich

I know how disappointing that news can be. However lets look on the bright side. Your liver biopsy is undoubtedly better than it was before you took treatment. Even if the virus is not eradicated then your biopsy will be improved. You have a very advanced HIV doctor, so that is great too, they are treating your HCV! Finally, you have a very good chance the next time around of a cure. What we are doing in cases like yours is to use double dose peg for the first 12 weeks then drop down to single dose for another 60 weeks. That makes a total of about 72 weeks of treatment.It sounds like you will succeed next time. Good luck! DTD

HCV PCR or TMA
Is it safe?