|any risk for hcv or hiv
Dec 10, 2005
I was wanting to know if there is any risk for hcv or hiv from an electric shaver at a barber shop. Is hcv primarily spread through needles, and what are the true risks to healthcare proffesionals. Thankyou for your time.
Response from Dr. McGovern
HCV is transmitted through exposure to contaminated blood. Sharp razors are a theoretical risk; the big risk to health care professionals is needlestick. Just like HIV, the bigger the needle width, the deeper the stick, whether the needle was just inside a vein or artery of a patient - all of these correlate with increased risk.
HBV reactivate treament
hepa B surface antigen is reactive
- Can AIDS Be Transmitted Through Blowjob From A Prostitute?
- Can You Catch HIV From Blowjob From A Prostitute?
- Itchy Rash After Touching Dried Semen Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Painful Red Spots After Drinking Water Worried I Have HIV
- After Gonorrhea Treatment If Masturbated Does The Medicine Still Work
- Don't Know How I Got Hiv?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.