updated news folow up

Hi Doctor

MY HBEAG: Negative and HBEAB:Positive EVEN before i started the treatment. My DNA Qualitative came today NEGITIVE . My liver function test are within the normal . Is is recommanded to cont. taking the Lamuvidine. if yes what is the international racoomandation?

Best regards.

Dr. McGovern

Thanks, Dr. below is my recent HBE results.

HBEAG: Negative. HBEAB:Positive.

Regards,

I started taking zeffix tablets since last March . A dna quant. test made for me two months and the result was undedactable !still taking the tablets. My question is how long i will be taking it again ?. and is there any side effect of using this medicin for long periods ?

Thanks again and wish you a good day

I am so glad your hepatitis B virus is suppressed on Zeffix (Lamivudine; Epivir). However, I cannot tell you how long you will need to be on drug. You will need to ask your doctor if you have hepatitis B e antigen positive or e antigen negative infection. That will be important in determining length of treatment. The drug is well-tolerated. The only thing I would be concerned about with long-term treatment is the emergence of resistance.

Dr. McGovern

These look like great results. You have apparently "seroconverted" your HBeAntigen to HBeAntibody. These results along with your HBV DNA look terrific.

We usually recommend a minimum of 6 months of treatment after HBe antigen seroconversion.

Good luck! Dr. McG

I usually continue lamivudine for six months after seroconversion (the change of e antigen to negative and the e antibody to positive).

This is great news!

Dr. M

Need your Advice hepa b patient
inanimate object