Need your Advice hepa b patient

dear Dr. McG,

I am hepa b patient for two years now. I took lamivudine for several months in the first year and my hbeAg became non-reactive and anti-hbe reactive. from then on I took lamivudine on and off until i stop taking it for I could not support it anymore.

this september I had my labtest and hbeAg is reactive and anti-hbe non-reactive, but this december the test result hbeAg is nonreactive and anti- hbe nonreactive too.

What should I do? Should I take medicine?

hope to hear from you.

thanks

Your latest results suggest that you have lost E Antigen again. I would simply recheck your labs again in about 3 months. As you rightly point out, the medications mount up in cost, and lamivudine is the least expensive.

I would also avoid substantial alcohol since this can suppress your immune system, which seems to be trying to fight your virus.

Best of luck, Dr. M

Wondering oral sex and hep C
updated news folow up