discrepant lab results for HB

I have taken Zeffix (Lamivudine) since October, 2003 and stopped taking it in February 2005. At that time, the lab report says: ALT (34) AST (30) HBeAG (-) HBeAB (+) HBsAG (+) HBsAB (-) HBV DNA (<2,000 ml/copies)

I checked again in October 2005 (9 months after I stopped taking Zeffix), and the results were: ALT (19) AST (19) HBeAG (-) HBeAB (+) HBsAG (-) HBsAB (+) HBV DNA (5,931 copies / ml)

According to the current test result, I think there is a discrepancy. If I am HBeAG (-) HBeAB (+) HBsAG (-) HBsAB (+) I am fully recovered from HB, right? However, HBV DNA (5,931 copies / ml) level indicates that I have a very low level of HBV in the blood. Is this discrepancy between HBV DNA level and other cure indexes? Is there a chance that lab report is wrong for HBV DNA?

I agree with your very astute summary of the situation.

There may be a discrepancy in the laboratories and I would simply just repeat at the point - particularly the surface antigen and the DNA result.

Dr. M

Treatment options
Unknown disease