Nov 27, 2005
if some body has HBV,it is importent that he must be HIV.and if not than he might be on the risk to get HIV+.
Response from Dr. McGovern
If I understand you correctly, you think that somebody who has hepatitis B is on their way to risk of acquiring HIV.
For example, people who live in countries where hepatitis B is common can get hepatitis B from birth or during childhood.
Some people have acquired hepatitis B from a blood transfusion or dialysis.
If the risk of hepatitis B is drug use or unprotected sex, then yes that person is certainly at risk to get HIV as well, if the risk-taking behavior continues. That is why I always recommend not sharing needles (if injecting) and using condoms 100 percent of the time.
- Probability Of Getting HIV From Tattoo
- Unprotected Sex Without Ejaculation And HIV Transmission Risk
- Black Spots After Anal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Black Spots After Receiving Oral Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Itchy Rash After Sex With Hooker Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Swollen Glands After Open Mouth Kissing Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.