Nov 27, 2005
Is it true they they call (post-infection/post treatment) undetectable level of Hep C in the blood a Sustained Virologic Response (SVR)?. Do we know that this means the HCV virus is gone forever, or is monitoring still necessary?
| Response from Dr. McGovern
There is more and more information available that once someone attains a SVR (sustained virologic response) after treatment, that this is a durable response.
I would check once again at 18 months after treatment.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Diarrhea After Insertive Anal Sex With Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Night Sweats After Mutual Masturbation Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Penis Discharge After Eating Sperm Worried I Have HIV
- Rash After Unprotected Vaginal Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Sinus Infection After Open Mouth Kissing Worried I Have HIV
- White Bumps On Penis After Condom Broke Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.