HBV after giving oral to a woman?

Doc, I'll be brief and maybe you'll reply back. I gave oral sex to a woman 17 weeks ago. Only licked clitoris; no insertion of my tongue into her vagina; there was no presence of any fluid on her genitals.

1) I have read oral sex is low risk when you are on the insertive end...but what about risk to the person (me) that gave the cunnilingus? My 90-day HIV test came back negative and after 13 weeks of pure misery and having every imaginable symptom I was relieved, however 2) In the last 2 weeks, I have since developed pain/discomfort in my right side under rib cage, and pressure behind eyes, so the worried wells are back in a big way but Im thinking now about Hep B as I read in the other forums that Hep B is more easily transmitted than HIV. What can you say about this exposure /risk for getting Hep B? 3) Do you suggest another HIV test at 6 months? 4) Do you suggest a Hep B test?

PLEASE REPLY!

I doubt that you are at risk for hepatitis B and would not pursue testing.

I would discuss with the medical provider who offered you a 90 day HIV test as to whether they planned another test at six months based on this and maybe other risks. I personally would not pursue further testing if this is the only risk. You can direct your HIV questions to the HIV forum.

Dr. M

HIV and Commercial Sex Workers
vaccine after exposure?