Nov 27, 2005
whats the best indicator if im active or not?my HB DNA test is 290,000 copies/ml.whts the best range to be inactive?and whts the best test to confirm.?
| Response from Dr. McGovern
As long as you have virus in your blood you have "active hepatitis B".
You will need to discuss with your physician as to whether your have active e antigen positive, e antigen negative disease or whether you are "immune tolerant" (eg. have virus with normal liver function tests).
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Hiv Symptoms And Mood Swings
- Hiv Risks At Nail Salon
- People From Which Age Group Are More Likely To Suffer From Opportunistic Infections
- If I Have A Small Closed Cut On My Finger Is There A Chance Of Getting Hiv?
- Can You Contract Hpv Virus From Having Unprotected Sex?
- Will Chlamydia Show Up Within 3 Weeks Unprotected Sex?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.