|HEP C, HIV
Nov 6, 2005
I TESTED POSITIVE FOR HAVING HIV ANTIBODIES, BUT AFTER 6 MONTHS& 3TESTS THEY ARE NOW SAYING I DON'T HAVE HIV,BUT NOW THEY MUST TEST FOR HEP C WHY???
| Response from Dr. McGovern
I suspect that they think the HIV antibodies were falsely positive and want to be certain that some other infection did not lead to a false positive test. They may also want to test for HCV if they think that a certain risk taking behavior puts you at risk for this infection. I think it is best if you ask them directly, because I am only speculating.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Is Tingling Lips A Sign Of HIV?
- Blood In Urine After Anal Sex Bottom Worried I Have HIV
- Groin Pain After Genital Rubbing Worried I Have HIV
- Hairy Tongue After Oral Sex Form Sex Worker What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Itchy Rash After Eating Food Made By Someone With HIV Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Sore On Mouth After Kissing Cut On Lip Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.