|Timeframe btwn Phases
Nov 6, 2005
One quick question. What is the average timeframe betweeen Phases when it comes to release new drugs in the market? I see a few new drugs in the pipleline for HepB that are in Phase III and others in Phase II. Can you please give us your insight? Also what about new drugs for children? Thanks for your excellent support!
| Response from Dr. McGovern
There is no way to predict how long it will take because it all depends mainly on safety data. Any problem can significantly delay drugs.
The FDA has asked the manufacturers of entecavir to do studies in children. Hopefully those will get underway.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Itchy Rash After Getting Fingered Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Penis Discharge After Receptive Anal Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Swollen Glands After Unprotected Oral Sex Without Ejaculation Worried I Have HIV
- Tingling In Fingers After Giving Handjob Worried I Have HIV
- Tingling Lips After Oral Sex On A Woman What Are The Chances Of HIV
- How Long Does Hpv Last Without A Host?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.