|please please answer
Nov 6, 2005
hi i have just been offered a job as a dental nurse.i need 3 injections for hep b then a blood test to c if im immune.ive cum to the desision of not wanting to no if im hiv+ but just wondering when they c if im immune or not to hep b will the test also show if im hiv+ or not!please answer me asap..please!thankyou
| Response from Dr. McGovern
It is an excellent idea to have immunizations for HBV if you are going to be a dental nurse. No one can test you for HIV without your permission.
I would strongly recommend testing for HIV however if you think you are at risk.
1. It is critical to know your status so you don't pass the virus on. 2. It is critical to know your status so you can get appropriate medical care. Even if you are HIV positive, you may not need treatment. If you do need treatment, excellent medications are available. 3. Not knowing your status, if you think you are at risk, can be more stressful than not knowing either way.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- What Percentage Of Men Become Infected With Chlamydia And Have No Symptoms?
- What Is The Level Of Contagiousness Of Genital Warts?
- What Is The Etiology Of Hpv?
- What Does Genital Herpes Look Like On Women?
- What Do I Do When My Shingles Start To Scab?
- What Are The Short-term Effects Of Syphilis?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.