|Need advice from an expert
Nov 6, 2005
Hi Dr., One question, in case of occult HepB is there any treatment available? If so, how would you measure the response to the treatment in the absence of the typical antigens? Am I more suseptible to develop HCC than others? Thanks for your response.
| Response from Dr. McGovern
Occult hepatitis B is usually when someone has HBV DNA without other markers of infection.
The true clinical significance is unknown. I would not recommend treatment for this situation.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Sore In Mouth How Long Does It Take To Test Positive For AIDS
- Sperm And Possible HIV Exposure
- Too Scared To Get Tested After Mutual Masturbation
- Too Scared To Get Tested After Touching Poop
- Unprotected Anal Sex Negative Elisa At 3 Months
- What Are The Chances Of Getting AIDS From Reused Needle?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.