|Need advice from an expert
Nov 6, 2005
Hi Dr., One question, in case of occult HepB is there any treatment available? If so, how would you measure the response to the treatment in the absence of the typical antigens? Am I more suseptible to develop HCC than others? Thanks for your response.
| Response from Dr. McGovern
Occult hepatitis B is usually when someone has HBV DNA without other markers of infection.
The true clinical significance is unknown. I would not recommend treatment for this situation.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Is Itchy Rash A Sign Of AIDS?
- Is Stinging Pain A Sign Of HIV?
- Blisters After Getting Scratched Worried I Have HIV
- Blood In Semen After Anal Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Erectile Dysfunction After Anal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Runny Nose After Oral Sex With No Protection Does It Mean I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.