|hep c and hiv
Nov 6, 2005
what is the risk of contracting hiv and hcv from blood exposure to someone with the disease(s) through the nose if the nose was bleeding a little? thank you very much for your answer
Response from Dr. McGovern
Hepatitis C and HIV are transmitted through exposure to blood exposure - usually through sex or injection drug use.
Blood exposure through trauma - or a nose bleed in your situation - would have to contact an open wound on another person to be an issue. This would be highly unlikely situation.
Need advice from an expert
- What To Do When Prescriptions Do Not Work For Bacterial Vaginosis?
- What Is The Difference Between Genital Herpes And Cold Sores?
- What If My Herpes Culture Came Back Negative?
- What Happens If Bacterial Vaginosis Is Not Treated?
- What Effects Can Gonorrhea Have On The Body?
- Is There A Test For Herpes At Home?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.