Nov 6, 2005
can you catch hepatitis c through salivia or any other body fluids
Response from Dr. McGovern
The main risks for hepatitis C transmission are exposure to blood -either through sex, drug use, or needlestick in a health care worker. Hepatitis C has been isolated through saliva and semen and cervical fluids, but it has not been well-proven that these fluids transmit the disease.
hep c and hiv
- When You Have Sex With Someone With Chlamydia Do You Immediately Get It?
- What Kind Of Blood Test Do You Use For Herpes?
- What Do Herpes Symptoms Look Like?
- What Are The Stages Of Chlamydia?
- What Are All The Ways You Can Get Chlamydia?
- What Is The Best Way To Keep Bacterial Vaginosis Away?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.