Risk for HepC or HIV
Nov 6, 2005
I was wanting to know if thier is any risk for HepC or HIV transmission from an electric shaver "clippers" in a salon. I recceived a haircut today and was accidently scratched on the neck. No active bleeding but stung when I went home and rubbed alcohol on the red mark. Thankyou.
Response from Dr. McGovern
I would not consider this a "risk" that you have to investigate. The fact that there was no active bleeding is extremely reassuring.
If you are still anxious, you should speak with your medical provider for further counseling.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Psoriasis After Receptive Anal Sex With Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Vaginal Discharge After Anal Sex Condom Broke Worried I Have HIV
- White Discharge After Vaginal Sex With Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Can Two People Who've Never Had Sex Get Std?
- Dangers Of Vaginal Infections
- Treatment For Laceration In Vaginal Opening
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.