|Risk for HepC or HIV
Nov 6, 2005
I was wanting to know if thier is any risk for HepC or HIV transmission from an electric shaver "clippers" in a salon. I recceived a haircut today and was accidently scratched on the neck. No active bleeding but stung when I went home and rubbed alcohol on the red mark. Thankyou.
Response from Dr. McGovern
I would not consider this a "risk" that you have to investigate. The fact that there was no active bleeding is extremely reassuring.
If you are still anxious, you should speak with your medical provider for further counseling.
Post Treament Advice
Chronic HepB (Please Please Please help)
- Does Having Heartburn Mean I Have Hiv?
- Can Someone Get HIV From Bleeding Gums?
- Can You Contract AIDS From Eating Food Made By Someone With HIV?
- Chances Of Getting HIV From Insertive Oral Sex
- Chances Of Getting HIV From Unprotected Sex Without Ejaculation
- Chances Of Getting HIV From Vaginal Secretions
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.