Is there a Future

Hi I was tested Hbsag positive in a medical examination. When I revealed the same to my fiancee, it resulted in breakage of my marriage. I have done the HBV Dna test which was neagtive, Hbeag test which was neagtive . SGPT was 38 and SGOT was 27. Please let me know if this is Chronic. Will I be able to live my normal life and get married and have kids without getting them infected.

I would start by saying the following:

I would see an infectious disease expert who is well-versed in hepatitis or see a hepatologist. Go to the visit and get all the blood testing for hepatitis viruses, including hepatitis C. It is unclear to me that you have chronic hepatitis B unless this is redone and the surface antigen is confirmed.

If confirmed you may be an inactive carrier. Your fiance would need immunization for hepatitis B and then there would be no concerns regarding transmission to her. If she can't get the virus, then she can't pass it to children.

When you go back for your results, take your fiance with you. Education and counseling will go a long way.

Dr. M

Is PrevPac ok for people who have inactive hepatitis b?
Post Treament Advice