|Is PrevPac ok for people who have inactive hepatitis b?
Nov 6, 2005
I'm inactive carrier of hepatitis b. I got it in the 1990s(I had tested negative for hbsag in 1986). I'm 37 now. I was prescribed PrevPac(Antibiotics and prevacid) to treat HPolari infection. I have normal liver function test. Is it ok for me to take PrevPac? Thanks.
Response from Dr. McGovern
Yes, being an inactive carrier is a very good type of chronic hepatitis B. It is usually associated with little or no liver disease. I would not be concerned about taking your PrevPac.
The kind of medication that can make hepatitis B flare up in your situation would be chemotherapy or steroids.
Explanation on Hep B test results
Is there a Future
- Itchy Red Spots After Anal Sex Top Worried I Have HIV
- Penis Discharge After Unprotected Anal Sex Without Ejaculation Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Red Eyes After Handjob Worried I Have HIV
- Sore On Tongue After Swallowing Precum What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Can Genital Warts Be Cured With Over The Counter Wart Medicine?
- Can Vaginitis Cause Vaginal Sores?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.