Is PrevPac ok for people who have inactive hepatitis b?
Nov 6, 2005
I'm inactive carrier of hepatitis b. I got it in the 1990s(I had tested negative for hbsag in 1986). I'm 37 now. I was prescribed PrevPac(Antibiotics and prevacid) to treat HPolari infection. I have normal liver function test. Is it ok for me to take PrevPac? Thanks.
Response from Dr. McGovern
Yes, being an inactive carrier is a very good type of chronic hepatitis B. It is usually associated with little or no liver disease. I would not be concerned about taking your PrevPac.
The kind of medication that can make hepatitis B flare up in your situation would be chemotherapy or steroids.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Sore On Penis After Mutual Masturbation Worried I Have HIV
- Sore Throat After Sex With Stripper Worried I Have HIV
- Swollen Glands After Open Mouth Kissing Worried I Have HIV
- Swollen Lymph Glands After Oral Sex On A Woman What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Tingling Lips After Kissing Cut On Lip Worried I Have HIV
- What Does A Lot Of Clear Vaginal Discharge Mean?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.