Is PrevPac ok for people who have inactive hepatitis b?

I'm inactive carrier of hepatitis b. I got it in the 1990s(I had tested negative for hbsag in 1986). I'm 37 now. I was prescribed PrevPac(Antibiotics and prevacid) to treat HPolari infection. I have normal liver function test. Is it ok for me to take PrevPac? Thanks.

Yes, being an inactive carrier is a very good type of chronic hepatitis B. It is usually associated with little or no liver disease. I would not be concerned about taking your PrevPac.

The kind of medication that can make hepatitis B flare up in your situation would be chemotherapy or steroids.

Dr. M

Explanation on Hep B test results
Is there a Future