HbsAg question

hi, shortly after I got pregnant my husband and I found out that he is infected wit HbsAg (hepatitis B)with no antibodies present. I tested myself repeatedly but mine shows negative.My question is: Could the embryo get infected with HbsAg at the time of conception from the father's sperm? Thank you very much . Your answer is very much appreciated.

Good question. No the risk to the baby is only when the mother is a chronic carrier. You will need to discuss your partner's status with your provider. In the meantime, use condoms. Dr. M

HEPA B carrier
HBV MEDICATION