Oct 29, 2005
hi, shortly after I got pregnant my husband and I found out that he is infected wit HbsAg (hepatitis B)with no antibodies present. I tested myself repeatedly but mine shows negative.My question is: Could the embryo get infected with HbsAg at the time of conception from the father's sperm? Thank you very much . Your answer is very much appreciated.
Response from Dr. McGovern
Good question. No the risk to the baby is only when the mother is a chronic carrier. You will need to discuss your partner's status with your provider. In the meantime, use condoms. Dr. M
HEPA B carrier
- Sex With A Prostitute Should I Get Test For AIDS
- How Likely Is It To Get HIV From Sex With A Prostitute?
- Anal Warts After Mutual Masturbation Worried I Have HIV
- Swollen Lymph Nodes After Masturbation Worried I Have HIV
- How Does Cervical Cancer Affect Your Reproductive System?
- Will Chlamydia Show Up On A Blood Test?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.