fatty liver and HIV

Both my parents died of cancer near the age of 40. My father died of Liver cancer. I have fatty liver, possibly a side effect of my HIV treatment. I've been poz 10 yrs. Am I more likely to get liver cancer than others?

Liver cancer can be related to a primary cancer somewhere else. Sometimes liver cancer is the primary cancer and it is caused by hepatitis B or hepatitis C. I would simply make sure you have been tested for those two viruses.

Fatty liver is common in the US population in general - not just in HIV patients.

Dr. M

hbv treatment
HEPA B carrier