confusing lab results

Good day doc. Im 23 years old from the Philippines and I was really abashed when I found out that I am Hepa B reactive....I felt like Im not going to leave anymore and dying soon... I didnt know I have this sickness until I applied abroad coz I also never had any symptoms before. Only that, after taking medcine that my me, im already feeling that something is wrong with my lower stomach hurts a bit... but not painful. I realy do not know how to interpret the following result of the hepa profile test. Please help me. Am I highly contagious? Please help me... please..

HBsAg: CutOff Value: 0.183 Patient's Count: 2.375 Result: Reactive

Anti-HBs: CutOff Value: 100 Patient's Count: 54 Result: Non-Reactive

Anti-HBc IgG: CutOff Value: 0.829 Patient's Count: 0.081 Result: Reactive

Anti HAV IgM: CutOff Value: 0.105 Patient's Count: 0.048 Result: Non-Reactive

HBe Antigen: CutOff Value: 0.183 Patient's Count: 0.482 Result: Reactive

Anti-HBe: CutOff Value: 0.660 Patient's Count: 2.287 Result: Non-Reactive

Thank you so much and I am hoping to hear from you Doc althought this is already my 3rd time to send a message. Pleasee......

Truly yours, Lemia

You have chronic hepatitis B infection. I suspect you also have detectable virus because your e antigen is positive.

I would discuss with your doctor a DNA level which will tell you how much virus is in your blood.

It is possible that you got hepatitis B at birth from your mother if she was chronically infected. Hepatitis B infection is extremely common in your country so this is certainly possible, particularly if your have no other risk factors.

If this is the case, you also need to check liver enzymes (ALT, AST); if these are elevated then you may need treatment; if not you need follow-up only for now. Dr. McGovern

Whats the liver status
Which labs to be drawn