|Whats the liver status
Oct 29, 2005
My Ultrasound sonography reports results :
The liver is normal in size, shape and shows a changes of fatty infiltration. This may be clinically co-related.
Kindly let me know what does it mean.
| Response from Dr. McGovern
You may have a condition called steatosis which means fatty liver. Or you may have "steatohepatitis" which means that the fat is inflamed. This is more concerning, because it can lead to scarring.
I would discuss the possibility of getting a liver biopsy with your physician, or at least a consultation with a hepatologist. Dr. M
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Blood In Semen After Unprotected Anal Sex Without Ejaculation Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Fever After Sex With Hooker Worried I Have HIV
- Groin Pain After Licking Rectum Worried I Have HIV
- Night Sweats After Mutual Masturbation Sign Of HIV AIDS
- White Bumps On Penis After Unprotected Sex Without Ejaculation Worried I Have HIV
- Alphabetical List Of Sexually Transmitted Diseases
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.