|hiv or hep from scab
Oct 29, 2005
is it possible to get hep b or c or hiv from an infected person by shaking hands if say i had a scab on myne or having them sit on my bedding
Response from Dr. McGovern
No, we are only concerned about active blood exposure to an open wound. Dr. M
- What Happens If Thrush Mouth Goes Untreated?
- Can Hiv Survive Outside The Body?
- Currently It Is Estimated That The Longest Time Between Hiv Infection And Onset Of Symptoms Is About How Many Years
- Is Passing Of Thick White Vaginal Discharge A Symptom Of Aids?
- Partner Hiv Positive But I'm Negative And Pregnant
- What Organs Does The Hiv Attack?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.