Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: Expert Opinions on HIV Cure Research

Ask the Experts About

Hepatitis and HIV CoinfectionHepatitis and HIV Coinfection

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Accelerated schedule of Twinrix vaccine
Oct 29, 2005

Hi Dr. What is involved with the accelerated schedule of Twinrix vaccine and would I potentially need a booster after 1 year? I just recently got the vaccination 4 days ago and my Dr. mentioned if I was travelling within the next few months that I should get the accelerated version but did not give me any particulars other that I should make another appointment within 1 week of my first shot. Could you please clarify and confirm what this entails? Thanks!

Response from Dr. McGovern

The accelerated schedule is very good for travelers. It has been shown that finishing the immunizations in less than one month is just as protective as the longer more drawn out schedule over six months. It obviously has offers an advantage for those who are going to high risk destinations. The booster shot at one year is only recommended for those taking an accelerated schedule, but I think well worth it. Dr. M

Previous
Hep-B and futher testing
Next
Hepatitis B

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.