Accelerated schedule of Twinrix vaccine

Hi Dr. What is involved with the accelerated schedule of Twinrix vaccine and would I potentially need a booster after 1 year? I just recently got the vaccination 4 days ago and my Dr. mentioned if I was travelling within the next few months that I should get the accelerated version but did not give me any particulars other that I should make another appointment within 1 week of my first shot. Could you please clarify and confirm what this entails? Thanks!

The accelerated schedule is very good for travelers. It has been shown that finishing the immunizations in less than one month is just as protective as the longer more drawn out schedule over six months. It obviously has offers an advantage for those who are going to high risk destinations. The booster shot at one year is only recommended for those taking an accelerated schedule, but I think well worth it. Dr. M

Hep-B and futher testing
Hepatitis B