Hep-B and futher testing

Hello, I had a very severe acute bout with Hepatitis-B 2 years ago, luckily I recovered and my LFT's are all within normal range. My question is that recently I caught up with an old friend of mine who is an MD in Internal Medicine and he said that although he thinks I am now fine, he personaly would recommend I do a "viral load" test just to be sure, this is the first time I have heard of this, is he overreacting or is it something I should seriously consider? Is this standard even after recovery?

I should also note that I also got my Hep A vaccine since with the recommemdation from my Gastroentologist, but he never mentioned anything about a "viral load" test.Below are my latest test results ...thank you for your time.

Hep A AB, Total - Positive Hep B Core Ab Tot - Positive Hep B Surface Ab - 621.0 High miu/ml HBsAG Screen - Negative

If your case was severe, most likely you did recover and cleared the virus. However, I agree with your friend, that you should have follow-up testing to be absolutely certain. I expect the results will be good.

Dr. M

Accelerated schedule of Twinrix vaccine