Oct 29, 2005
One month after the completion of Hep B series, what is the lowest titer number that would still demonstrate protective immunity in mIU/mL? The higher this number is, the better the immune system is?
Response from Dr. McGovern
Testing for hepatitis B protective antibodies is not required in patients wtih normal immune systems since most people do respond well. The "number" which correlates with response can vary between labs but many use a cut-off of 10. Dr. M
HEPA B RE-ACTIVE
- When Does The Doctor Tell You That You Are Hiv Positive?
- Does Standard Blood Work Test For Hiv?
- Mononucleosis Tests Can They Detect Hiv In My Blood
- Regular Blood Testing Picks Up Some Abnormalities Caused By Hiv
- Where Does Hiv Multiply?
- How Long Do The Glands Stay Swollen During The Acute Stage Of Hiv?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.