Help! Feeling alone and scared regarding HIV testing...

I've been divorced for almost two years and have had several partners within that time frame. So, I decided to do the smart thing (for once in my life) and request a blood test for HIV and all other STDs. Now I am awaiting the results of my tests and I am sick with worry. I can barely function at my job or even in my day to day activities for that matter.I also worry that if my tests are positive for HIV that I will be shunned in my community if anyone were to find out. (I live in a very, conservative Midwest town.) This leads to my question. What types of tests are used and what do their results indicate? My ob/gyn is great, but she is very busy with her practice and I felt as if I was whisked off to the lab for testing with no real information on HIV/AIDS. I'm familiar with the basics when it comes to this illness. However, I feel very alone and scared at this moment and don't know where to turn for answers. I know that I have brought this worry on myself for not being a responsible individual regarding my sexual behavior. So, if my tests are positive, I have to accept that. I can't change what I've done in the past. But, a little insight would be helpful. Thank you.

You will be best served by posting your question in the HIV forum.

However, the tests that are used include the HIV antibody test which tells us if you have been exosed to the virus or not.

The HIV RNA test detects if virus is present in your blood, which is usually the case.

The CD4 count measures the level of immunity.

false negative??
HIV AND HEP. C