co-infect simultaneously acquired

Dear Dr. McGovern:

If more than one pathogen is acquired at the same time, (HIV, Hep C, CMV, etc...), is it possible that detectable viremia for the pathogens would be delayed along with the possibly delayed antibody reponse. Or would sustained detectable viremia be present in the same standard window of a few weeks and just the antibodies delayed? Have you ever seen cases of HIV and Hep C simultaneously acquired? Thanks.

There are some case reports of simultaneous acquisition of both HIV and Hepatitis C.

One health care worker had a very long incubation period for both infections. This was quite unsual.

I personally have not seen HIV and Hepatitis C acquired at the same time. I have seen the infections being acquired in the same year but not the same time at acquisition.

These are rare events and I would not spend much of your time thinking about this. Just get tested and then you can discuss any lingering doubts about the validity of the tests with your physician. For the vast majority of patients, the dual simultaneous acquisition of HIV and HCV is probably uncommon.

Dr. McG

plz answer
false negative??