plz answer

i am hep b positive ,with positive dna i was on limuvdine 100 mg and after a month dna came negitive and after 6 moths again i tested so it was positive my doc stared with hepsera (adfovir) y do u think my dna came positve again and do u think its the right medicine and now he has stopped my lamvidine and i am on hepsera how much time u think would take my dna to b negitive if i am on hepsera?? what is the time duaration and my sgpt is normal and so is creatine level...plz tell me is my treatment right?

Hepsera (adefovir) does have antiviral activity and hopefully will be the "right" medication for you. It appears that you became resistant to lamivudine which is common. Adefovir resistance can occur as well, but much less commonly than with lamivudine. The viral load decline is usually slow.

Other choices of medications include: Entecavir: has good activity against hepatitis B and is well tolerated. Pegylated interferon: Has higher rates of Hepatitis B e antigen seroconversion than other medications, but is associated with more side effects than other medications.

Dr. McG

hepa b question
co-infect simultaneously acquired