bilirubin- liver

hi,

I am currenly taking ipsicom, and rayataz for aprox 2 yrs. labs were fine 3 mos ago. this time however:

glucose is 134

bilirubin 3.0

ast (sgot) 48

alt (sgpt) 73

all in the high rage.

previous labs triglicerides where very high but have come down this time around.

my doctor ordered follow up labs for hepititis. i have been vaccinated against A and undergone two of three shots for hep B.

can you get hepitis from vaccines?

or can this be from rayataz? i have notced yellowing of my eyes but thought this was just a reyataz symptom.

i dont drink and quit smoking almost 2 yrs ago.

Can this be caused by my meds? and if so can it be reversed.

thanx for you answers

Reyataz (atazanavir) can certainly cause the yellowing of your eyes and your elevated bilirubin. The best way to tell that this is related to the drug is to check an "indirect" bilirubin. Reyataz elevates the indirect fraction of bilirubin. If the direct bilirubin were elevated, then I would be more concerned about liver disease per se.

I would call your doctor to discuss when you can come in for further evaluation.

Dr. McG

Can i marry with Hep B?
How did I catch hep b?