Oct 15, 2005
i slept with someone whom i found out has hep c . Can i catch it ?
Response from Dr. McGovern
Hepatitis C can be spread through sexual intercourse in monogamous couples but the risk is only about 2 to 3 percent. The risk is higher with multiple sexual partners.
It is important to use condoms ALWAYS. This way you protect yourself from all sexually transmitted diseases including HIV.
It may be worth getting some baseline testing to be safe and sound. Dr. McG
some questions, confusions
- Does Black Spots On Tongue Mean You Have Hiv?
- Hiv Aids Solutions
- What Are The Possibilities Of Getting Hep C From A Needle Prick?
- How Long Does It Take To Become Infected With Hiv After Exposure?
- Can You Get Hepatitis B From Sharing A Drink With Someone?
- When The Doctor Check Your Blood Can They See If You Have Hiv?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.