Oct 15, 2005
i slept with someone whom i found out has hep c . Can i catch it ?
| Response from Dr. McGovern
Hepatitis C can be spread through sexual intercourse in monogamous couples but the risk is only about 2 to 3 percent. The risk is higher with multiple sexual partners.
It is important to use condoms ALWAYS. This way you protect yourself from all sexually transmitted diseases including HIV.
It may be worth getting some baseline testing to be safe and sound. Dr. McG
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Sex With A Prostitute Should I Get Test For AIDS
- Ache In Testicles After Unprotected Sex Without Ejaculation Worried I Have HIV
- Itchy Scrotum After Handjob Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Pain In Urethra After Masturbation Worried I Have
- Sore On Mouth After Erotic Massage Worried I Have HIV
- Swollen Lymph Glands After Breast Sucking Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.