Liver problems

My SGOT & SGPT levels were 144 & 238 three months ago and as on today it stand on 75 & 118 respectively. I do not dring. I had two/three drinks three months ago. Whether this is the reason for the elevated enzymes?USG abdomen shows liver size of 15.9.mild hepatomegaly. Whether my liver size is normal? Can I take statin tablets for elevated cholestrol of LDL 157 & HDL 29?Kindly help me.

The rise of your liver function tests was significant. I would definitely want to pursue testing for hepatitis viruses. Also I would ask you if you take any over the counter medications or prescription drugs.

The statin drug do cause elevations of liver function tests, but these elevations are usually mild.You will need monitoring while you are on these medications.

The other important thing to to figure out why your liver is enlarged. I would pursue consultation with a liver specialist for what I am concerned about most of all - "steatohepatitis" or fatty liver. The reason this comes to mind is that one of the risk factors for this is high lipids - cholesterol and triglycerides.

Dr. McG

complete shot of vaccine
hep c