|STUPID BLOOD EXPOSURE - please answer
Oct 15, 2005
Excuse me for bothering so much but I am so petrified and would appreciate your answer.
I went to a prostitute and watched her masturbate. Then I put my thumb into her vagina and when I put it out I saw a tiny amount of blood on the thumb. After 3 or 4 minutes I went to the bathroom and put some water on the thumb (I did not use any soap).
1) Fear no 1 - Can I get hcv or hiv from that? I'm a nailbitter but I did not see any fresh or open wounds on my thumb.
2) Fear no 2 - After 15 minutes I arrived home and heavily cut my other finger (I used the other finger to wash my thumb) with a doorkey. Is it possible to get hcv if there were any tiny traces of blood on the surface of the finger which I cut?
PS. I had hepB vax so I'm nor worried about that
Thank you so much for the answers.
Med student from Berlin
Response from Dr. McGovern
I don't view any of these exposures as significant risks for contracting viral hepatitis or HIV. If you have any lingering concerns, sometimes the best strategy is to be tested to relieve any anxiety. As you noted however, no open wound was seen so the risk is neglible.
- Will Baking Soda Help With Herpes?
- Why Does Chlamydia Infect Woman More Than Men?
- What Kind Of Blood Test Do You Use For Herpes?
- What Does A Herpes Rash On The Face Look Like?
- Risk Of Transmitting Herpes Through Kissing
- What Are The Chances Of Getting Genital Herpes While Using A Condom?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.