|STUPID BLOOD EXPOSURE - please answer
Oct 15, 2005
Excuse me for bothering so much but I am so petrified and would appreciate your answer.
I went to a prostitute and watched her masturbate. Then I put my thumb into her vagina and when I put it out I saw a tiny amount of blood on the thumb. After 3 or 4 minutes I went to the bathroom and put some water on the thumb (I did not use any soap).
1) Fear no 1 - Can I get hcv or hiv from that? I'm a nailbitter but I did not see any fresh or open wounds on my thumb.
2) Fear no 2 - After 15 minutes I arrived home and heavily cut my other finger (I used the other finger to wash my thumb) with a doorkey. Is it possible to get hcv if there were any tiny traces of blood on the surface of the finger which I cut?
PS. I had hepB vax so I'm nor worried about that
Thank you so much for the answers.
Med student from Berlin
| Response from Dr. McGovern
I don't view any of these exposures as significant risks for contracting viral hepatitis or HIV. If you have any lingering concerns, sometimes the best strategy is to be tested to relieve any anxiety. As you noted however, no open wound was seen so the risk is neglible.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Topping Without Condom Risk Of Getting HIV
- Unprotected Anal Sex Without Ejaculation How Long Does It Take To Test Positive For HIV
- Are Red Spots An Acute Symptom Of HIV?
- Is Red Eyes A Sign Of Acute HIV Infection?
- Purple Spots Could I Have Acute HIV Infection
- How Likely Is It To Get AIDS From Sex With A Prostitute?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.