HEP B from getting Cunnilingus

My boyfriend a chronic Hep B carrier. We have decided to abstain from sex until I finish the vaccination. We use a condom during fellatio. We do not use anything durring cunnilingus. Is it possible for me to contract hep B from his saliva on the exterior of my genitals. Is the risk increased if he uses a finger and pushes his saliva inside?

No I would not be concerned about this risk. I am glad that you are accomplishing the immunization series. Also, make certain the physician knows that you are have a partner with chronic hepatitis B and ask your physician to check your serum Hepatitis B surface antibody to be certain that the vaccine led to protective antibody levels.

Dr. McG

inactive HBV carrier