Hep C infection risk

I dated a girl for a couple of months who is positive for Hep C. A couple of times we had unprotected sex for a minute or so before we used a condom. We also had protected sex one time where after the sex her blood was on the condom and on my scrotum. We also had oral sex often as well. Am I at risk for contracting Hep C for any of these behaviors?

Hepatitis C is uncommonly spread through sexual intercourse but the risk is not zero. Oral sex would not be a risk factor. I would suggest baseline testing for hepatitis C just to relieve any anxiety or uncertainty.

Always use condoms when you are having intercourse..Then you will not be left worrying about any exposures you may have had. I would discuss with your provider the possibility of Hepatitis B and HIV testing as well to be sure all is well.

Dr. McG

upper right quadrant abdomen - liver
Side effects of Adefovir.....