|Pegasys+riba and Alcohol
Oct 12, 2005
Hello, I'm from Lithuania. My treatment of 24 weeks with pegasys+ribavrin is coming to an end results are great my HCV is gone. Wanna ask how much time must pass after treatment before I can drink alcohol again???
Response from Dr. Dieterich
Good question! Congratualtions, but it aint over yet! You will be officially cleared 6 months after stopping the Peg and intereron. I would wait until then, get the all clear result, then celebrate...in moderation! Generally, your liver should gradually recover to entirely normal in a time of months to years. Dont reduce your chances of that by drinking too much. Keep your alcohol use to 1- 2drinks per day which is the suggested limit. Stay well! DTD
marijuana and the liver
- Unprotected Oral Sex Without Ejaculation Risk Of Getting HIV
- Vaginal Sex With Condom And HIV Transmission Risk
- Erectile Dysfunction After Receptive Anal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Itchy Skin After Anal Sex Condom Broke Sign Of HIV AIDS
- White Bumps On Penis After Performing Oral Sex Worried I Have HIV
- How Long Do Hep C Symptoms Take To Occur?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.